There is no introduction to veg burger, so let’s directly jump to the recipe.
Veggie patty mixture to make Burger
• first soak the poha, to that, take the poha (rice flakes) in a strainer, rinse it with fresh water and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Once it’s soaked, mash it & keep it aside to be used later.
• Now, set a pan on medium heat, add oil & butter, let the butter melt & further add onions, & garlic, stir & cook on medium-high flame until the onions turn translucent.
• Now, add the french beans, carrots, boiled green peas & green chillies, stir & cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
• Now, low down the heat & add the powdered spices, stir well, further grate & add the boiled potatoes & salt to taste, cook on the medium-high flame while mixing & mashing the potatoes. • Further add the soaked & mashed poha & freshly chopped coriander leaves. Use a potato masher to lightly mash & combine the mixture well.
• Further switch off the flame & remove the mixture in a bowl & allow it to cool down to room temperature. Once it cools down, cover it with a cling wrap & refrigerate for 12-15 minutes. • Keep it in the refrigerator to shape the patties.
Making the crispy veggie patty Veg Burger
• Start making the batter, take a big size mixing bowl, add cornflour, maida, & salt, mix well & add cold water as required & oil, whisk well to make a semi-thick batter. • then take a wide bowl, add bread crumbs into bread crumbs add salt & black pepper for coating.
• Now, take the veggie patty mixture, take a spoonful of the mixture & shape it like a ball, and then press it to shape to make a Tikki, the size of the Tikki should be a little smaller than your burger buns.
• Further, dip & coat the Tikki in the batter and immediately coat it with the breadcrumbs. Shape and coat all the patties in the very same way.
• Set oil for frying on medium heat, deep fry the coated Tikki in hot oil on medium flame until it’s crisp & golden brown in colour. • Your crispy veggie patty is ready.
• Set a pan on medium heat, add little butter and toast the burger buns facing on the inside until its toasted well and golden brown in colour.
• Place the top bun first, apply little mayonnaise, then add the lettuce, place the crispy veggie patty and now place the bottom bun, turn upside down and your crispy veggie burger is ready.
You can manage the ingredients as per your preference.